Rottweileronline.net

These forums are for sharing information about Rottweilers.
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ] 
 Post subject: Chicago Landesgruppe/AIRK Show Date Conflicts
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:48 pm 

Stinks that this show is the same weekend as the AIRK show in NC. I would really like to show our dogs and our group of puppy peoples dogs to this judge :(

Good luck with the show!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Landesgruppe Chicago 2011
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:50 pm 

Yes it is ashame that Joe decided to picked the same weekend. ..... I need to shut up ..... before I blow.

AKC,UKC,UCI Int'l Ch Jarci Vom Drakkenfels, HIC, TT, CGC
Multi V-1 Destiny Von Sederhaus, BH, CGC
Multi V-1 Dux Von Norroghaus, CGC
YU CH Zana's Baby Pin, IPO 1 (retired)

"If you want a poodle, you should not disquise it as a rottweiler"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:16 pm 

Joe did not "pick" the same weekend. It is the only weekend Xaver could come.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:16 pm 

Well the AIRK show has been on the site for almost a year not to mention it is the same time every year, third weekend in October, so we will be taking our dogs (and all of those that show with us friends, puppy people ect.) to it as we are already committed to it. But like I said it is a shame to have two good shows on the same weekend. Seems you only shoot yourself in the foot by doing that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:05 pm 

Apparently, Marge was OK with the Chicago show being on the same weekend. If she was OK with it, maybe you should be too. It wasn't arranged on the same weekend on purpose, sometimes things just happen.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:31 pm 

There are so many Rottweiler clubs now because in general the fancy cannot get along so new ones keep getting started by people who are disgruntled for right or wrong reasons. What is a shame is that the breed is so divided with so many clubs. However it is what it is so like it or not the clubs are in competition with one another. Therefore people need to quit yelling foul when different organizations have events that conflict. Nothing wrong with being involved in numerous venues but quit trying to make each organization plan around the other. If there is a conflict simply just choose which organization you want to be most loyal to and support that event. Yes it causes entries to be divided but that is more because of the fact that multiple organizations have been started. Personally I have decided that I am through trying to schedule our club's events around others outside of our parent club. If it conflicts with another so be it because it can be a nightmare trying to secure certain judges for certain dates.

Please do not mistake this as anything negative toward the recent tragedy with Marge because I think what is being done in her honor is absolutley fantastic but I think it is wrong to lay any guilt on the Chicago show because their date conflicts. JMHO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:19 pm 

Just my two cents. But those of us that truly loved Marge and respected her not only as a person but the devotation she had to OUR breed will be in NC. I understand the wanting to show under Xaver. I am sure he could be scheduled to judge another show in the US, maybe not this year but I am sure it could be done sometime in the near future. Good luck with your show.

Multi-V Rated Cash Von Der Morr
2006 AIRK Best Male Puppy
Multi-VP Rated Xaimon Von Hause Sommer
VP Rated Ayla Von Eiche Hugel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:09 pm 

Tracy, what makes you think that Marge was ok with this? Did you talk to her personally about the way she felt. I know you didnt or you would have not posted your statement! :roll:

Warren, there actually is more to the story than what people know about this "conflict". I kinda understand what you are saying but at the same time if I were to host a show I would give clubs that have their events listed the respect of not hosting an event the same weekend. How many weekends are there in a year? The show in Mooresville will have a high number of entries as they are already pouring in not to mention the fact that Marge always has a great turnout so dont mistake this as a "please attend or support this show". For us here in the south this event is for our "rottweiler family" to get together for a laid back event.
You really only hurt yourself by hosting events the same weekend or on top of the others. For instance, I would like to go to as many shows as possible and I would love to show to someone that I have yet to. When my husband and I go, so do our puppy people and our friends with an easy 10-15 entries. May not sound like much but it is! Not to mention I feel like a judge like Xaver would love to see some of the top winning/ show dogs from the east cost as well. I would think a club would like to showcase or bring in (if you will) as many of these dogs as possible.

As always just my opinion but it is a shame!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:28 pm 

I will add my 2 cents. Chicago has been planned for sometime now, 4-5 months, and I know Marges had been scheduled quite awhile too. I don't think either show was set up to compete with the other. I know Marge's show has always been the 2nd weekend on October (9,10,11ish) because i have always had issues going to her show as it always conflicted with my wife's birthday on the 9th. I agree with Warren, that everyone should just make their choice and go to the show that suits them. I am sure there will be great turnouts at both shows, and I am sure everyone hopefully will have fun and enjoy their rottweilers.

Home of...

Multi V-Rated, Icco von der Donnereiche BH,VPG1,Ztp HD/ED-
Riley Germanenstolz OFA Good, DJD1
2007 USRC NE REG. BFP, Kenya von Scosher OVC Hips and Elbows
V- Rated, Izzabella von Scosher OFA Excellent, Clear Elbows

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:37 pm 

Actually Marge's show every year (for the last 5 years atleast) is the third weekend of October with the exception of the year that they had the huge race (I think that was in 08 but I would have to look) and all hotels within 100 miles each way were booked. That is the only time it hasnt been the same weekend. Marges show has been up for atleast 10 months. First I heard from this show was when Christina sent out a bulk email about it. Maybe I didnt know where to look, I dont know if it is listed somewhere other than with the emails sent out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:44 pm 

The 3rd weekend?
Isn't the 22nd & 23rd the 4th weekend of October?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:48 pm 

Okay so the third week to the fourth weekend (i forget that october has 5 weekends technically) if we want to be pissy about it.... Either way it is the same time every year!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:49 pm 

You still didnt answer my question? It was a valid one :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:59 pm 

Misty, I am not being pissy about this. I don't think I have been "pissy" at all.
You seem to be the one with the issues.
But, you have mentioned several times, the 3rd weekend, and on my calendar, it is the 4th weekend.
That's all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:03 pm 

Misty, I am done with this.......
I hope both shows have good turn out and everyone enjoys themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:07 pm 

Tracy to nitpick like you are is being a little pissy. I have no issues other than what i have posted that it is a shame that we cannot attend both. I do feel it was poorly scheduled. I did forget that October has five weekends so I will take back the "third weekend" and state it is actually the fourth weekend which normally would be the last weekend of the other calender months. Every year it is the weekend before the last weekend of the month which is how I always remember it :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:08 pm 

Maybe you should take your invalid comment back also :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:16 pm 

I was just informed in a phone call from Joe Hedl that I was "bashing" his show.... which is news to me... I was only stating that the show was scheduled on the same weekend as the MARK show whether the scheduling was intentional or not... that was the fact I stated.

I did speak with Marge personally on the phone 3 1/2 weeks ago and she was NOT ok with another show being scheduled on the same date as hers, she actually was quite upset over it but as usual was keeping quiet about it not wanting to "stir the pot" as she said to me.

This is NOT turning into a pissing match..... because I've said what I had to say. Her wishes for the "show to go on" is exactly what is going to happen... both shows will go on as scheduled...and like so many including her have said....it's just a real shame that people have to pick and choose once again which one to go to especially with all the circumstances this year surrounding both shows.

Hope you have a wonderful show as I'm sure you will.

AKC,UKC,UCI Int'l Ch Jarci Vom Drakkenfels, HIC, TT, CGC
Multi V-1 Destiny Von Sederhaus, BH, CGC
Multi V-1 Dux Von Norroghaus, CGC
YU CH Zana's Baby Pin, IPO 1 (retired)

"If you want a poodle, you should not disquise it as a rottweiler"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:17 pm 

TracyMcMahon wrote:
Apparently, Marge was OK with the Chicago show being on the same weekend. If she was OK with it, maybe you should be too. It wasn't arranged on the same weekend on purpose, sometimes things just happen.
So where do you stand on your statement then? How do you back that up?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:19 pm 

Ouch!!! :oops: Why is there any arguement over this dog show? Why is everything so simple turn into something more? Why do people want to bash others not in their group/or family as stated?

We have planned on Xaver coming to the USA for over a year. Things went south with Xaver judging in California. The only other thing that made since was Xaver judging on the east side. Xaver was asked in early spring to judge the show. The month actually changed becouse his female Sophie had puppies. Xaver could come to Chicago the weekend planned for October.

In no way was Josef trying to take away the glory from another show. IT WAS THE WEEKEND THAT XAVER REQUESTED.

With that being said, the shows are 800 or 900 miles apart. It is not feasible to stop a show when airline tickets have been purchased, deposits have been made, vacations have been scheduled, trophies have been ordered, entries have been taken & ect. to name a few. Xaver has also arranged his EXTENDED trip in the states to travel in other area's.

Many of us had no idea that there was an AIRK show that same weekend. (I guess we must all be looking in differant places).
ALL of us feel Horrible about Marje, even if we never knew her name until this Awful Tradgedy. It is very odvious she was cared about by Many.

None of this was planned for anyone

This is not the first time, nor will it be the last that 2 shows are the same weekend. It is a certainty that Both shows will be of Great Success.

I personally never had the opportunity to meet Marje. But, I think we all have one thing in common. The true love & admiration for our breed. Let's all just go to a dog show & have fun. North Carolina, Chicago or California....... Maybe we could join Vinny and fly over sea's.

Good Luck to All

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:35 pm 

Misty I agree that it is in the best interest to check the show schedules and try not to conflict with other events but it is harder than some people are aware. You have to see what dates your local club members can do it, event location availability, judge availability, consider other local events in regards to availability of hotels, then you have to check the show schedule for AKC, ARC Sieger shows, USRC, NIRK, AIRK, RKNA, ARV, UCI, and other shows that are totally independent and not a part of any organization or alliance. Then how often does a judge cancel and you have to reschedule and then you start the process all over again checking with all of these different venues. I am telling you it can be a nightmare and no matter how hard you try then someone comes on a public forum and makes accusations that you are unethical or are trying to sabotage their show. Not only do people get upset if it is the same weekend but some get their feathers ruffled if it is a week or two ahead of their event.

Our club has a show coming up and because i tried to accomodate everyone else and all the other clubs in various organizations I am hosting an event at a time that is less than desirable for myself and myself and a few club members are doing all of the work! so from now on I will try to be considerate but i am not going to revolve around everyone else nor do I expect them to revolve around mine. If you do not want to lose entries then put on the show that people prefer to come and enter. The in the end neither me nor anyone else should whine about their number of entries.

I understand people who say I would like to go to as many events as possible and they are disappointed when two shows conflict and they would like to support both. Most people just do not realize how difficult it is to secure a date that does not conflict with someone else. In Louisiana and Texas much of the year is too hot then our cold months are around Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays or January is tough on people's budgets because they are recovering from Christmas so basically we have October and part of November or February and March. These are popular months for everyone so you do not have 52 weekends in all reality.

The problem is that we have so many competing organizations and you are very misguided if you do not think these organizations are competing against each other. So whatever organization your club is a part of then you need to schedule around those shows but not always feasible to do around the other organization's shows.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:59 pm 

Warren I understand that. It takes great planning and things do happen. However, date is a big thing. The show is a sieger style show so I dont think that all other venues UCI, AKC and others should matter with the schedule as they are not the same style of showing. So the main ones are usrc (which are few and far between), AIRK, ARV, and now RKNA. Between these four and the number of events each host it narrows it down some. I know it is hard but it can happen with early planning. I have helped host horse show events (which can be a little more difficult due to the fact one horse can be in as many as 10 classes). I am not a person talking out of my butt with no experience with this. If someone schedules a show after your show is listed on the events list then in my mind it is shame on them. We are all in love with the same breed and no matter the club we should try to help each other out and respect each other!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:09 pm 

mcombs wrote:
Actually Marge's show every year (for the last 5 years atleast) is the third weekend of October with the exception of the year that they had the huge race (I think that was in 08 but I would have to look) and all hotels within 100 miles each way were booked. That is the only time it hasnt been the same weekend. Marges show has been up for atleast 10 months. First I heard from this show was when Christina sent out a bulk email about it. Maybe I didnt know where to look, I dont know if it is listed somewhere other than with the emails sent out.

I don't post on these forums because it's always a shark frenzy even over the simplest of subjects but facts are facts.
I'll make it simple for everyone because I have catalogs from Marge's shows going back to when she hosted ARV shows. Or at starting with the year I started attending her events.
2000 - Oct 20-22 ARV
2001 - Oct 20-21 ARV
2002 - I didn't attend
2003 - Oct 3-5 ARV
2004 - Oct 8-10
2005 - Oct 8-9
2006 - Oct 28-29
2007 - Oct 20-21
2008 - Oct 18-19
2009 - Oct 24-25
2010 - I didn't attend

It's really irrelevant what dates she had her shows. It won't bring her back and it won't change the dates of the upcoming shows. My prayers go out to her family.
That being said, Marge and Xaver where friends and I'm sure Xaver explained to her why he picked the same weekend as her show.
It's sad that people are trying to put a guilt trip on people to attend her show instead of the Chicago show. I've already had this conversation with the person that emailed me to attend Marge's. The Chicago show is closer for me and I didn't get to meet Xaver the year Marge had him. I'm sure that the people that intended to go to the Chicago show will continue with their plans, no different than the ones that intended to attend Marge's show. Since I'm taking the show entries for the Chicago show I can assure you Misty that their are some very nice dogs attending.
Marge and I may not have always agreed on everything but I loved her for the person she was. She was a strong woman and she will be missed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:14 pm 

mcombs wrote:
Warren I understand that. It takes great planning and things do happen. However, date is a big thing. The show is a sieger style show so I dont think that all other venues UCI, AKC and others should matter with the schedule as they are not the same style of showing. So the main ones are usrc (which are few and far between), AIRK, ARV, and now RKNA. Between these four and the number of events each host it narrows it down some. I know it is hard but it can happen with early planning. I have helped host horse show events (which can be a little more difficult due to the fact one horse can be in as many as 10 classes). I am not a person talking out of my butt with no experience with this. If someone schedules a show after your show is listed on the events list then in my mind it is shame on them. We are all in love with the same breed and no matter the club we should try to help each other out and respect each other!

Since we choose the sieger style show and they are hosted outside there are only so many weekends in the spring and fall. There will always be shows that overlap. Not all can be controlled. The AKC dates are something to be looked at as some of those people do attend sieger shows. Kimmy is one of them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:20 pm 

Warren Johnson wrote:
I understand people who say I would like to go to as many events as possible and they are disappointed when two shows conflict and they would like to support both. Most people just do not realize how difficult it is to secure a date that does not conflict with someone else. In Louisiana and Texas much of the year is too hot then our cold months are around Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays or January is tough on people's budgets because they are recovering from Christmas so basically we have October and part of November or February and March. These are popular months for everyone so you do not have 52 weekends in all reality.

The problem is that we have so many competing organizations and you are very misguided if you do not think these organizations are competing against each other. So whatever organization your club is a part of then you need to schedule around those shows but not always feasible to do around the other organization's shows.

Amen to that Warren!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:14 am 

I have nothing to say about two shows at the same time except it is not the first time and it won't be the last.

I wrote on another thread a few days ago that it is a shame that one or two people from every club or venue can't get together and have one huge show here in the US. It would be great to have everyone together with one set of rules and let Rottweiler people be ONE for just one stinkin weekend. It would be awesome to have a show with 40 dogs in every class. It would be a chance for people in every venue to meet and see that the other side really isn't that bad. Bring in two or three judges from AKC, FCI, ADRK and have a good time. If ADRK can bring people together from 20 countries for the klub show and have a good time you would think someone here could get everyone together from one country and do the same. :)

Ian's XL vom Hause Walker
Izzy vom Wesburg
Rayna vom Frankenblick
Bronco Andy's Gretchen
XL's T-Rex, Dewey,Crazy,and Shrek
Rescue - Dylan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:53 am 

Andysxl wrote:
I have nothing to say about two shows at the same time except it is not the first time and it won't be the last.

I wrote on another thread a few days ago that it is a shame that one or two people from every club or venue can't get together and have one huge show here in the US. It would be great to have everyone together with one set of rules and let Rottweiler people be ONE for just one stinkin weekend. It would be awesome to have a show with 40 dogs in every class. It would be a chance for people in every venue to meet and see that the other side really isn't that bad. Bring in two or three judges from AKC, FCI, ADRK and have a good time. If ADRK can bring people together from 20 countries for the klub show and have a good time you would think someone here could get everyone together from one country and do the same. :)

:P Perfectly Stated Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Chicago Landesgruppe/AIRK Show Date Conflicts
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:42 pm 

Andysxl wrote:
I have nothing to say about two shows at the same time except it is not the first time and it won't be the last. I wrote on another thread a few days ago that it is a shame that one or two people from every club or venue can't get together and have one huge show here in the US. ....

When contacted to see if Dave and MARK members would change the date of the show till spring (after Marge passed away) this was sent by message back to them that if they wanted to combine shows that would be great. I too think it is a great idea but I know that it is probably not possible at this point! It actually makes sense to do that. Saves the people entering their dogs gas money and hotel money not to mention time.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Chicago Landesgruppe/AIRK Show Date Conflicts
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:55 pm 

mcombs wrote:
As for guilting people into going to Marge 's show I would never do that!!! I would never use the loss of a life to do that. So that needs to clear from here on out. Read my posts....I too wanted to attend the show in Chicago and it just seems clubs can't get their shit together or scheduled. Yes Marge did like Xavier as she had tried to host him before. I will not air out any dirty laundry that I do know for a fact.about the scheduling on this forum as that was not my intention. My intentions were to atleast get someone to think about the rest of us that have committed to a show that was on the calender first. That's it!!!

Misty go back and read my post. I did not mention your name as the person that tried to guilt me into going to Marge's show.

As someone that has scheduled events, it is near impossible not to have a conflict. Even if you're not on the same day as someone you're within a week. There are a few people that won't attend back to back shows. They will pick and choose. There are not enough weekends in the spring or fall to accommodate everyone. These shows are 800 miles apart and in different regions! I understand you would like to have attended and that's what your original post was about, it just isn't going to happen.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]